Monday, November 23, 2009

Names!?...

We know that we are having a boy, so now comes the part of this adventure when we get to pick out a name. I was looking at some lists on a few websites and who knew there were so many names out there to choose from! When I was looking I kinda narrowed it don't to a few that I thought were somewhat unique and one specifically that I thought had a nice ring, Ethan. Then, I was looking some more a few minutes ago and found this site which is cool, but I thought Ethan was a fiarly unique name (not common or that popular). Guess I was wrong.. I find this list amuzing because I know a few people that had babies recently that named their kids names on this list. Going a little further I found that putting in the year I was born put my name (Robert) as 8th most popular name in 1978. I feel like I owe it to my kid to give him a name that is a little more unique than 3rd most popular in 2008 but not so out there that he has to pronounce his name for every teacher on the first day of class or face mockery every day on the playground for his entire life. So, I continue to look and run them by Fatima until something sticks out as the one. Other people have told me that I should make a list of 10 or so and then wait to birth and that something would kinda stick out to me once I get to see my son and hold him in my arms. I guess that makes sense and if I can hold off my internal instinct to constantly prepare I might give that a go! As the next few months go by I am sure Fatima and I will compile a list and post them on the site to get some feedback from all of you out there. In the mean time, any ideas for names would be apprecitaed and who knows they may make it onto our short list! How about this, if we pick the name someone posted on this blog we will send that person a $25 gift card to the resturant/retail outlet of their choice! Hows that for incentive? Ethan is already officially on the list so that doesn't count!

2 comments:

  1. Boooo. I think my suggestion of Ethan Aidan should totally count as a submission. I will keep thinking though and come up with some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Levi. It is very masculine sounding. Don't know a great deal about the heritage of it.
    Levi Michael Lake, Levi Jones Lake, Levi Fransicso Lake, Levi Optimus Lake...haha

    ReplyDelete